Welcome to the Invisible Internet
The Invisible Internet is a privacy by design, people-powered network. It is a truly free and anonymizing Internet alternative. Get I2P.Get I2P 0.9.49
What is I2P?
- The Invisible Internet Project (I2P) is a fully encrypted private network layer that has been developed with privacy and security by design in order to provide protection for your activity, location and your identity. The software ships with a router that connects you to the network and applications for sharing, communicating and building.
I2P Cares About Privacy
- I2P hides the server from the user and the user from the server. All I2P traffic is internal to the I2P network. Traffic inside I2P does not interact with the Internet directly. It is a layer on top of the Internet. It uses encrypted unidirectional tunnels between you and your peers. No one can see where traffic is coming from, where it is going, or what the contents are. Additionally I2P offers resistance to pattern recognition and blocking by censors. Because the network relies on peers to route traffic, location blocking is also reduced.
- Read more…
Everyday, people use the I2P network to connect with other people without the worry of being tracked or their data being collected. In some cases people rely on the network when they cannot safely communicate or while doing sensitive work. The network is P2P - people powered, and always growing. Learn more about the Protocol Stack.
Privacy and Security By Design
I2P has created transport protocols that resist DPI censorship, and continuously improves its end to end encryption. Read the I2P Transport Overview
Built For Communication
I2P has an application layer with easy to use APIs for creating your own privacy - aware apps.
News & Updates
- 2021-02-17 - 0.9.49 Release
- 2020-12-10 - Hello Git, Goodbye Monotone
- 2020-11-30 - 0.9.48 Release
- 2020-08-24 - 0.9.47 Release
- 2020-06-07 - Help your Friends Join I2P by Sharing Reseed Bundles
- 2020-05-25 - 0.9.46 Release
- 2020-03-18 - Using a git bundle to fetch the I2P source code
- 2020-03-16 - Gitlab over I2P Setup
- More blog posts…